To allow jurisdictions to apply for new projects that have been identified since the original FY 2017-2020 TIP Call for Projects and before the next major TIP update beginning in 2019 to develop the FY 2020-2023 TIP.
- TPO STBG Funds – There are approximately $2.3 million of un-programmed FY 2018 federal STBG funds available for this Call for Projects. STBG funds are eligible for most project-types, but if used on a roadway project then it must be classified as "Collector" or higher on the state's functional classification system. Most projects require a 20% local match.
- TPO TAP Funds – Approximately $340,000 of FY 2019 and $760,000 of FY 2020 federal TAP Funds are available for this Call for Projects. The FY 2019 funds will become available on October 1, 2018. Again, projects typically require a 20% local match. More information about the TAP program and eligible project types can be found here: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/transportation_alternatives/guidance/guidance_2016.cfm
A fillable application form is included below that is a slightly modified version of the Mobility Plan 2040 Project Application Form. Some of the options have been removed such as selecting major roadway construction projects and future horizon years since the goal of this process is to fund smaller-scale and quicker to implement projects given the relatively low amount of available funding. Projects submitted for STBG funds should ideally be of the type eligible for programmatic categorical exclusions under NEPA and would not require any type of right-of-way actions. Applications are due to TPO staff by Friday, February 23rd.
Projects will be scored and ranked using the criteria based on the goals and factors developed for the Mobility Plan 2040 process as shown on the project application form. Other important criteria that TPO staff will be evaluating in making project selection recommendations will involve an assessment of project completion schedules favoring those that are most likely to be obligated the quickest. This assessment will be based on ease of project implementation, past performance of the sponsoring agency in the TDOT project development process and amount/status of other projects already under development by the sponsoring agency.
- Begin Call for Projects – Monday, January 29, 2018
- End Call for Projects (Application Due Date) – Friday, February 23, 2018
- TPO Staff Scoring and Project Selection Recommendations Completed – March 6, 2018
- Technical Committee Review and Recommendations – March 13, 2018
- Executive Board Project Amendment Adoption – March 28, 2018
An overview of this Call for Projects will be presented at the February 13th Technical Committee meeting. If you have any questions please contact myself or other TPO staff.