The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a four-year work program of federally funded and regionally significant multimodal transportation projects within the Knoxville Urban Area.
The TIP must be fiscally constrained based on estimated revenues. Also, all projects in the TIP must be consistent with or selected from the current Metropolitan Transportation Plan, Mobility Plan 2040.
to the approved TIP as defined on page 26 of the FY 2020-2023 TIP.
- 20-2014-015 Simpson Road Reconstruction
- 20-2017-045 Kingston Pike at Watt Road Intersection Improvements
- 20-2014-079 Traffic Flow Improvements on US-11 and SR 72
- 20-2017-042 Carpenters Grade Road Widening and Intersection Improvements
- 17-2014-229 Knox County ATMS Ph. 1
- 20-2014-232 Lenoir City ITS Signal System
Approved Amendments + Administrative Modifications
None available at this time.
Annual Listing of Obligated Projects
The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act) requires a listing of projects funded to be published or otherwise made available by the cooperative effort of the State, transit operators and metropolitan planning organization for public review. The report includes a listing of projects which Federal funds have been obligated for the Knoxville Urban Area in the preceding year, including investments in pedestrian and bicycle transportation facilities.